14 février 2008


Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrated on February 14.
In North America and Europe, it is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionery.


The holiday is named after two among the numerous Early Christian martyrs named Valentine. The day became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.


But the day of St. Valentine is it useful?
In fact nowadays, many associations are opposed of this day formany reasons.
  • A lot of people are depressed because they are alone.
  • This day is becoming increasingly commercial
  • The Valentine's Day is it the only day to express his love to someone?
  • Why there are not a day for unmarried?
There are many other reasons for not liking Valentine.
For me, I do not like Valentine's Day because it is increasingly commercial.



2 commentaires:

Jerem a dit…

I like the image with the angel! ;-)

MikaelSTID a dit…

I like these reflexions.